pastoral vocation Quebec
For one last time, I will make a pastoral meeting in Quebec City. My studies are completed, it is true. But it's always good to make continuing education sessions. This time, it will be the accompaniment of the dying. I then meet with Father Gilles Nadeau, who is chaplain of a center for terminally ill patients (many years). Over the years I have had the joy of following a few sessions (at the seminary and in parishes) in the area of assisting the sick, but I have no experience with the dying. I hope that this session will give me new tracks pastoral practices. I'll be like auditor, as my master's degree in pastoral care is completed.
Many seminarians who will follow this session. Each year, intensive sessions (35 hours a week) are offered to seminarians from our two major conferences in Quebec (Quebec and Montreal). Some of my fellow seminarians will have the chance to follow the following week (in Montreal) a session on "Managing Growth parish. Four years ago, I had the chance to follow this session presented by Mr Pierre-Alain Giffard. I must say it has marked the way I see the Church. She gave me a boost missionary. It opened my eyes to the means used to reach people who do not know where we left the church. She also opened up about what we can bring the Protestant churches in this growth momentum. I had some insights that joined the remarks presented by the teacher. It was good to see them take root, to see that it is possible to hope. Mr. Gifford is in her post-doctorate in the field. This session (I repeat), through its leader, gives us impulses missionaries filled the Holy Spirit. My colleague Julian, deacon ordained a few months ago, will be those who will follow this session. The Church has much won to hear that this is not the end and try to implement the statements made during this course. Yes, as Mr. Gifford, God wants a church alive. Then we must pray the Holy Spirit encvoyer us holy priests, holy (es) laity. We must also look at how the cells of evangelization can help us see and generate growth. It is time to speak only decay parishes, closing churches ... You have to take and start listening to the Lord through our prayers and our actions. The situation of the Church in Quebec is not the whole world. Other churches have experienced crises and revived. One of the authors under review is the famous Rick Warren. I stop here. I want a nice session with my colleagues.
Another session that many will follow next week is the Chair of Assembly. How to chair the Eucharist. Although we live every day, it is another to preside. My fellow deacon will follow this session. I have already done this session, two years ago. For my part, I'll be with my parishioners this week. Then it's time to retire pre-deacon (from May 14 to 19) in a monastery. Yes, May 19, it will be the great day of my ordination. Bishop Lionel Gendron will preside over this large celebration. One of the texts that we offer the liturgy of this day will be sent Silas (Silvanus equivalent) to serve in assisting Seigenur Paul (AC15, 22-31). Yes, this is an appropriate text for my ordination, when I am ordered to proclaim and to assist bishops and priests in their duties. I must say that I did not choose this text. Providence was responsible for giving me that little wink. This is the text provided by the Church unverselle and will be proclaimed in all Catholic churches in the world.
I hear about it this week, live from Quebec. However, I can do summary of this session since it is also of casuistry which must respect the confidentiality of those involved.
0 comments:
Post a Comment